Wednesday, January 30, 2013

There are Reasons

I just wrote post cards to four of my dearest friends.  Feels so good.  I should buy more post cards, no point having stamps just lying around!

Obviously Neptune was watching me
I am on Day 4 of May Cause Miracles, and I must say its pretty cool. It became apparent yesterday when I was learning a new way to get on my kayak.  I am always so scared of messing up, but I took a step back, said an affirmation, and boom sauce. My coworker (who is training me to be an outstanding kayaker, and has been training people for like 15 years) was impressed.  4 hours later, after we practiced lots of skills like getting up on the chine (side) and using our paddles to steady us while using a low brace, and later paddling all the way to the ocean, we finally made it back to COA. I was exhausted, but totally pretended not to be. Which must have shown as I was barely able to hold up the bow(front) of both kayaks and Will was behind me probably laughing as I struggled.  He told my boss that I did good though. Win!  I got home sunburned of course, and extra exhausted. 

So here is where my journey has taken me so far. There are reasons that you go through what you do, and experience some rough and difficult situations. I'm hoping that some of those situations are over for me and that I can just ride the waves (literally) for a while.  I would love to not have my chest hurt when I think of certain things or to stop having nightmares.  Take 5 deep breaths.  Right now. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Feel your chest move. Close your eyes. See where it takes you.

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Anna! Glad you got in there! Breathing deep right now.

    ReplyDelete

Boom Sauce!!